Based in Menlo Park, California
October 18, 2011
Wind-up Knight by Robot Invader is a high-end, action-packed, 3D side-scrolling adventure game, and it's here to show you how games are supposed to be played. Guide your Wind-up Knight through devilish levels--over 50 in all--to rescue the Princess from the clutches of the evil Black Knight. Run, jump, roll, and slash your way to victory. Not your typical runner game, Wind-up Knight is the type of challenging game you've been missing in your life.
Wind-up Knight was the first game released by Robot Invader, five months after Chris Pruett, Casey Richardson, and Mike Witt formed the company. Designed to be a polished, tough-as-nails platformer, the team spent several months focused on creating a tight, responsive control scheme. Since its release in 2011 Wind-up Knight has been played by almost 10M people, but only a small percentage of them have had the skills to finish the game. It was praised in the media for its gameplay, difficulty, humor, and graphics.
- Over 50 soul-crushing levels in four unique worlds.
- Intense platforming action: double jumping, wall sliding, dive and roll, just to name a few cool moves.
- Achievements, mega-hard "knightmare" levels, and full controller support!
- New weapons and armor unlock as you play the game. Use the Armory to equip items and customize your character!
- Designed from the ground up to provide a console-level experience for your phone or tablet.
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Appli☆Get APP OF THE YEAR 2011" Wind-up Knight, 2011
- "Selected as one of IGN's Top 25 Android Games" Wind-up Knight, 2012
- "Occasionally a game will come out on Android that looks so good I slaver for a port. Wind-up Knight is one of those games. ... Now that it's arrived on iOS, I can finally confirm: this game is outstanding."
- Nissa Campbell, TouchArcade
- "I'd be hard-pressed to find someone who doesn't have a total blast playing [Wind-up Knight]. It's fun, it's addictive, and best of all, it was born from a true love of video games."
- Tara Long, Destructoid
- "Wind-Up Knight is one of the best, thanks to fantastic graphics, tight controls, and lots of fun little bonuses. … the attention that Robot Invader put into its graphics, sound, and general presentation speaks of a studio that cares about personality and polish."
- Nadia Oxford, Slide to Play
- "App addiction of this vacation: Wind-up Knight"
- Lee Unkrich, Director, Toy Story 3
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
Alternatively, you can always request a press copy by sending us a quick email.
Available from music.jwmusic.org.
Android Developer Story: Robot Invader
Google produced a short feature about our experience developing Wind-up Knight for Android, available at youtube.com.
About ROBOT INVADER
We warped our brains watching '50s monster movies in glorious black and white. Now we're making video games for your phone and tablet.
More information on ROBOT INVADER, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Wind-up Knight Credits
Chief Taskmaster, Engineering, Robot Invader
Creative Director, Design, Animation, Robot Invader
Art Director, Robot Invader
SUPER INTERN, Robot Invader
Sound Design, Freelancer