Based in Menlo Park, California
January 17, 2013
You've never seen a puzzle game like this before! Waves of hungry blobs are making their way up a column towards our stranded marshmallow hero! Help Marsh Mal survive the invasion by filling blobs with fruit and popping them in massive chains. Once you’ve mastered the basics, a collection of other game modes are waiting to challenge you in new ways. You ready to rise to this colorful challenge?
Robot Invader's sophomore effort, Rise of the Blobs was a labor of love. After the resounding success of Wind-up Knight, the Robot Invader team wanted to experiment with something different. They started with a high-level concept (a stealth game about food) and followed their noses down the game design rabbit hole, iterating ideas, cutting the parts that didn't work, tweaking the parts that did. At the end of this process they had a unique, challenging arcade puzzle game. The team spent six months polishing the core game for release, adding features and game modes, social network integration and optimizations. After tremendous effort, Rise of the Blobs was released in January of 2013. It received high marks in the press and by users, maintaining a consistent 4/5 stars. To date about 4 million people have played Rise of the Blobs.
- Amazingly addictive 3D blob popping PUZZLE action!
- SIMPLE to play but chock full of depth and strategy
- Beautiful and VIBRANT 3D environments!
- Connect with your FRIENDS via Facebook and compete in the weekly leaderboard!
- Missions, Power-ups, Achievements, Outfits, everything but the KITCHEN SINK!
Teaser Video YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "BEST PUZZLE GAME" Indie Prize, Casual Connect USA 2013
- "In a sea of matching games, few feel simultaneously as rewarding and as respectful of a player's skill as Rise of the Blobs. It may be soft and jiggly on the outside, but it's hard as nails underneath."
- Nissa Campbell, TouchArcade
- "Robot Invader is the kind of developer I've come to associate with quirk and quality. Rise of the Blobs fits nicely into both categories."
- Rob Rich, 148Apps
- "Everything about this game, from its original concept, to the simple yet challenging gameplay, with the funny graphics and tons of power-up, everything adds up to an amazing title, one that you will enjoy playing for hours and hours until your phone’s battery will die and you’ll have to go to the supermarket to find a marshmallow to play with."
- Calin, Android Entity
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
Alternatively, you can always request a press copy by sending us a quick email.
Available for from music.jwmusic.org.
Release Blog Post
A short blog post about the Rise of the Blobs launch is available at robotinvader.com.
About ROBOT INVADER
We warped our brains watching '50s monster movies in glorious black and white. Now we're making video games for your phone and tablet.
More information on ROBOT INVADER, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Rise of the Blobs Credits
Chief Taskmaster, Engineering, Robot Invader
Creative Director, Design, Animation, Robot Invader
Art Director, Robot Invader
Senior Designasaur, Robot Invader
Senior Engineer, Robot Invader
Sound Design, Freelancer
Backend Engineering Support, Contractor
Other Languages Localization